Thursday 1 December 2011

London Chess Classic 2011 - The calm before the storm

"The wave harmonic theory of historical perception, in its simplest form, states that history is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and that time is an illusion caused by the passage of history" - Fit the Eighth.


I don't believe I have gone over a month without a blog.  What am I thinking??  Well I am excited today, not because we are in December and Christmas is approaching, not because I am not at work today but, I am travelling down to the London Chess Classic for the third year running to setup and work the live boards. 


I will be there from tomorrow and back on monday travelling by sleeper.  I am so looking forward to this!  


Our wireless boards will be featuring, speaking to DGT, this will be the biggest tournament that they have used them in.

Unlike last year, I have not had to battle through snow and the sleeper is here.  I am currently sitting in the first class lounge enjoying an ice cold beer.

The prices are incredibly good.  £2.30 for a beer.


There is something scary about wandering around with £10,000 worth of equipment.  Call me paranoid but my muscles clench when someone looks at me the same way.


I am so looking forward to this.



1 comment:

  1. How on earth are you managing to carry that load? Jx

    ReplyDelete