Wednesday 10 July 2013

Scottish Championships 2013 Days 4 and 5 - TV or not TV, that is the question...

Murphy's law (or the fourth law of thermodynamics) states that: "If anything can go wrong, it will."

Mr Murphy has been the ever present here at Helensburgh.  We have 4 massive plasma televisions for displaying the games on the top four boards.  So far we have had 1 of them working once!

Thanks Mr Murphy!  All I can say, in my very best Latin is "Illegitimi non carborundum!!!"

We actually have a Mr Murphy playing here..

George Murphy
I am pleased to report after the Hades like temperatures of Day 4.  Day 5 is actually quite nice.  We no longer have players spontaneously combusting at the board.  I was speaking to the Janitor this morning and he was telling me that they were worried about the amount of water that was appearing on the Mens toilet floor.  It was with relief that they discovered it was from the players splashing their faces to keep cool!  I'm not saying it was hot but I left an apple on my desk yesterday and came back to a baked apple this morning!

Jimmy Doyle
I was very lucky to get a lift home last night with these two fine gentlemen




Was much appreciated as it meant I was back nice and early for my youngest 3rd birthday.  I have started to teach him some chess.  Nothing too hard, just the name of the pieces.  Tried the usual "is this a prawn?  No Daddy thats a pawn.  Is this a horsie?  Don't be silly Daddy, thats a knight!".  Thats my boy :D



No comments:

Post a Comment