Tuesday 7 December 2010

The London Chess Classic, Day 1

Why is it when I want to sleep, my body laughs at me?

Must have been about 3 before I settled and 7am and my brain kicks into gear forcing me from my bed.  We have just pulled into Watford Junction, not bad given we are supposed to be in London 1 1/2 hours ago.

I just been served breakfast.  It is in 2 brown bags which worries me.  I feel sorry for the lassie who is our host as she has been given a hard time by most of the others.  Me I just slept.

I am finding it hard to resist the temptation of doing a re-enactment of the scene from Life of Brian as we have been passing a few commuter trains.  Must remember I am an adult now!!!!

The day went really well.  I arrived at the venue at 9am and spent the three hours to the press conference setting up my EOS 450D camera as a webcam!  It worked :)  Of course the downside was I could not get any pictures.  Ho Hum.

Set up went reasonably well. Dave and Steve (and Steve) were in very good spirits and we had a good laugh.  The set up was caught and published on the Chessbase Website (infamy at last) Oh No, they have me.  Try as we might, we could not get the display to appear on the projector.  After an hour of swapping cables, computers, lots of swearing...  We worked out we had forgotten to em, enable move recording.  How embarrassing!!!

Finished at 9pm and headed back to pizza and a comfortable bed.  Bliss :-)

1 comment:

  1. Andy your a nut, a total nut but maybe that's why I'm your mate.

    ReplyDelete