Friday 10 December 2010

The London Chess Classic, Day 4 (my final day :( )

Gutted I am going home today.  Miss Eilidh, Euan and Karen but I am loving it here.  Setup today went well.  Had a good chat with Mark Crowther about TWIC as they are having server issues, also had a really good chat with Albert about DGT.

Really hope today goes better than yesterday.  We have the alternate feed ready should the site buckle under the sheer weight of people watching the game.  Emergency hamster is on standbye just in case :)

Gutted#2 IA David Sedgewick was taken ill and not able to attend today.  Had I not been heading up to Liverpool I would have been the assistant arbiter today.  Ah well C'est la Vie.

Just looked at the live view and we have over 1,000,000 people watching!!!  Who said chess was for geeks.  We have our very own part time fashion model in Magnus :D

Well it is now farewell London and Hello Liverpool

1 comment:

  1. Yeah emergency hampsters, I did look at the live stream, looked good and well those guys would have me beat 10 x over.

    ReplyDelete