Monday 5 December 2011

London Chess Classic - Day 3 - You put your left pawn in, your left pawn out...

Tell me again how did you miss 60.f4?
I have just received a picture from my sister back in Glasgow.  I am supposed to be travelling tonight. 


As usual it is snowing.  There is a common thought that Scottish people are preoccupied with the weather.  Let me tell you that it is totally correct. There is a reason for it.  Only in Scotland is it possible to experience all four seasons in a day!

Back in nice, warm London, where I am not needing to wear my jacket, it has been an interesting morning.  Alex, in his own words, has been trying to teach his grandmother to suck eggs.  There were two of us on the Arbiters course.  Both of us are very experienced.  That has to be a nightmare to deal with

This morning I was not woken by my alarm, but by a call from the Wife, she had anticipated when I was going to get up and had called a millisecond before.  I'd love to know how Women know how to do that.



This week has been interesting, I am scared to look the wrong way as there is a camera crew here doing a documentary.  Everytime I look up the damn camera is pointing at me.  I want to scream...

Live chess is having a bit of a flakey and is refusing to FTP.  I will need to have a stern word with it.  We are definitely going to have to upgrade to gerbils, these hamsters are no good at all!

Was told something rather odd.  Apparently during yesterdays game some moves were transposed by the board.   I have head of that happening with the wireless boards but not the wired ones!

Watching the games today I think it is fair to say that Nosher was well and truly noshed by Aronian.  That was something special!

On the way to Euston tonight one of the train guards came up to me and mumbled something that was supposed to be English, he was looking for my ticket.  No problem and handed him my oyster card.  Next to me was a shifty character who was looking nervous.  No wonder, he didn't have a ticket.  Out of nowhere came 3 of the biggest guards I have ever seen and removed the gentlemen from the train. Was amazing!

Sitting down to oatcakes and cheese with a beer chaser.  Total bliss.  Now for some serious revision for my FA exam on friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment