Saturday 9 July 2016

Scottish Championships 2016 - Day 1 - "AAAAAAAnnd, always look on the bright side of life...."

"Some things in life are bad, &nbspThey can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And... ...
always look on the bright side of life...

I knew this was going to be a challenging week.  Getting in at 23:00 the night before from working abroad is really not the best preparation for an event.  So here I am today, tired from lack of sleep, grumpy 'cos I can be and hungry as I have not eaten in 24 hours (that will be the third time this week I have gone 24 hours between meals.  Cue GLW {Good Lady Wife} giving me an ear bashing later when she reads this!).

 Nothing has gone right all day.  I slept in (yep, you are reading that correctly, I actually slept).  Arrived late this morning as I slept in meaning I could only get one set of batteries charged instead of the hopeful 2 giving me 6 of our boards and horror of horrors, totally misunderstood an email from the Boss who was trying to remind me to bring Lan cables for the boards.

I did wonder what that mail meant :D

So here we are with 3 boards trying to transmit (I say trying as board 2 is trying not to...)
Yes its that time of the year where Alex and I try to out do each other to see who can be the most tired at the end of the 9 days :D

This year we have 61 brave souls battling it out to wrest the crown of Scottish Champion from Neil Berry's head


Bring it on!!
We have perpetual Champion Roddie McKay playing as well, hoping to add yet another Scottish crown to his rather large collection
It is going to be a fun filled 9 days with laughter, disaster and much merriment :D  Hope you all enjoy the ride this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment