Monday 7 July 2014

Commonwealth Chess Championships 2014 - Day 7 - What is the Collective Noun for Arbiters

So we have the assembled cast of the main arbiters in the event, here is a thought for you.  What is the collective noun for a group of arbiters?  Many ideas have been put forward over the years (from a Judgement to a Conglomerate) but my all time favourite is a Mass of Arbiters.  This is solely down to the expanding waistlines we seem to have.

Arbiter in Chief for the event is our own IA, IO Alex McFarlane
The Boss!
With Lara being an  IO as well, I have been sorely tempted to walk into the office when they are both there, look at them both and say "IO, IO, Its off to work we go...."

Having severe problems with the internet tonight.T-Mobile (or EE as it is known as these days) were supposed to upgrade me to a 10Gb dongle last year.  It appears I only have a 3Gb one and have exceeded the limits.  Looking forward to the call to customer services tomorrow where I tell them that if they don't sort it tomorrow, there will be no live games and I will put a notice on the webpage telling them why...

Looking at the current standings, we could be seeing some champion elects tomorrow.  Leading the main championship is GM Abhijeet Gupta.  He is currently half a point ahead of the rest of the field and appears to be in imperious form.





Over on the noticeboard, there seems to be a bit of slavering over a picture.  I really don't understand it but in tribute I will close with a photo for them.  This one is for you guys :D











No comments:

Post a Comment