Tuesday 1 July 2014

Commonwealth Chess Championships - Day 2 Fight! Fight!

I have competition and its not fair!   I am up against a published writer!  Andy Burnett is also publishing a blog on the championships!  Andy's Blog.

Beware of Bloggers!
I asked a few players what they thought of the idea.  I could not print what was said, but the looks say it all!!


To be fair, Andy is a terrific writer and I will certainly be following his blog (hence why I have given it a plug here!)

What can I say about today, well I can summarize it in three letters.  T, H and O.  I have been in some warm venues before but today really topped them all.  Trying to explain to our visitors that this is not normal for us and we are going to have a hosepipe ban soon unless it rains....

I asked Jamie what he thought.  He could not stay in the room for more than an hour (we were in 30 minute shifts).  Tomorrow will definitely be shorts weather.  Not managed to work out how to expain Taps Aff to our visitors, it is lost in translation.  It has to be bad when an Aussie can't handle the heat!

Jamie!

The coolest person in the place was our very own Principle Arbiter, Ken Stewart.  He never flinched and was probably the only person, player or arbiter who did not step out of the room for a blast of cool air!

Heat, what heat!

There was a disturbance in the force today, it was like two players having a loud disagreement in the middle of the hall at the end of a game...  I was sitting in the office cooling down when Alex popped in to tell me there had nearly been a fight at the end of a game.  Typical, wasn't in the room at the time :D

My hatred of computer pairings came to the fore today when in the U16 section it wanted to give a player a second bye.  Computers should not be allowed to do pairings! 

Well that's it for today.  Lets see what tomorrow brings (hopefully some cooler weather!)


No comments:

Post a Comment