Thursday 9 December 2010

The London Chess Classic, Day 3

Today is going to be a real challenge.  I have to write a blog without swearing.  Every part of me wants to pick up one of the machines and smash it into 1,000,000 pieces.  It has really gone that badly today.  I am so grateful I am leaving tomorrow as I am not entirely convinced my nerves will take it.

The day started pleasantly enough.  My knee is sore and so I am using the stick. Got on the tube at about 9:15 am and several people stood up to give me their seats!!  Arrived at the venue and Dave and I repaired the problems that we had from the Womens and Open events from yesterday.  That took us nicely to lunchtime and a nice leisurely setup of the main boards for the championship event.  Play due to start at 4pm.

2pm and the website suddenly goes offline.  No web page means we have nowhere to put the live games to for the masses.  Live stream here is fine as it is local.

Games start on cue at 4pm, still no website.  I am nearly apoplectic with frustration.  Still have no loading information, still unable to make any prediction on what we need.  I am dreading tomorrow when 2 of the big 3 meet for the first time.  Hamsters will die in that server tomorrow.

Time now is 16:50, I have been here for a shade over 7 hours.  It feels like I have been here for about 30 minutes!  6 (ish) hours of play left, still no server.  Please give me the contact for the server helpdesk.  I have 3 hours of frustration to vent at them!

Well that is 20:15 and the godiddy.com servers are living up to their name.  Out in the distance came 2 shining white knights offering us somewhere to park the live games until the diddies at daddy get their collective fingers out of their rectums.  I'd love to name them but they are unknown to me.  You know who you are, all I can say is thanks for returning my sanity!

1 comment: