Saturday 5 July 2014

Commonwealth Championships - Day 5 - They took gullible out of the dictionary!

I am mean and nasty :D  I couldn't help it.  Jamie came up to me to show me the money that he had changed.  I noticed three English notes in there and pointed out to him that they are not legal tender in Scotland and he needs to go and see Alex to get them changed for Scottish ones so he could use them!

He is still not speaking to me :D

It is strangely good to see some typical Scottish summer weather.  Summer is finally here and the temperature in the playing venue is perfect!

Welcome to round 5.  Today is Independence day in America.  Looking for some real fireworks on the board today!!


Ok well this afternoon started with a damp squib.  Andy Burnett came up to me to tell me he had heard a clicking noise next to one of the laptops.  In the words of Star Wars, "THAT'S NOT A MOON..."  We had a leaking roof which was leaking right onto one of the laptops!!!

As a consequence we have no TVs running today.  Should be all going again tomorrow.

Speaking of moons...





Someone is brave today!!!

We have an international feel to the arbiting team.  As always there is the wealth of experience with Alex, Lara and Ken, there is Jamie from Oz and Salim from India


Due an unforeseen problem I am publishing this a day late (sorry for that!)  It does give me a chance to have my usual rant about computer pairings.  We have a tasty prospect of the brothers Burnett playing each other.  Only a computer would pair them together so early...   Game to watch out for methinks

No comments:

Post a Comment