Tuesday 8 July 2014

Commonwealth Chess Championships - Day 8 - HOT HOT HOT!!!

Well that was a pleasant day.  We were invited by one of the families from India to their flat for a genuine Indian meal.  Oh my word, the food was out of this world!  Indian restaurants in this   country have a lot to answer for as the food that was prepared was simply incredible!  I don't mind spicy food but the spicy potatoes caused a loss of sensation in my mouth and I had to retire to the toilet to regain control of my mouth!!  That was one of the nicest meals I have ever had.

Today is, as Murray Walker would put it, the last day but 1!  Traditionally this is the day where we hit the wall.  Yep it happened!  I could barely keep my eyes open at times.  The mat in the office is looking tempting!

On the chess front, this is the day which for many will determine where the trophies are ultimately going.

Starting with the Juniors

It is a straight fight between Chithambaram(8)  and Nubairshah (7)



U14 is even tighter with WFM Vaishali leading the way on 7 with our own Murad Abdulla and WFM Savant chasing on 6




U12 is a 2 way fight between Shayanna (7) and WFM Tanishka (6)


 
 And finally in the U10, We have Rishi leading the way on 7.5 with Shah just behind on 7


In the Championship we have  GM Gupta leading on 7




The chasing pack is IM Aravindh, GMs Deep, Grover and Debashis, all on 6.5

Scottish Champion??  Your guess is as good as mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment