Thursday 3 July 2014

Commonwealth Chess Championships Day 4 - Did you know....

I was standing discussing the monstrous game from last night that nearly broke the boards when one of the ladies commented that she had never seen so many ladies playing in a tournament in Scotland before.  That got me thinking (always a bad idea).  So just how many ladies are there in this field.

Off I went with my wife's trusty camera (mine is in the shop...)  and decided to find out


 
 

 

 
 
 I make that 27!!!  Really good turnout by the ladies this year.  Quite a few of them are around the top boards at the moment which is always good to see! (if I missed anyone, I apologise, I tried to get everyone!)

Well while we are at it, we may as well take a look at who is dwelling on the top boards


 




Good to see a Scot there!  C'mon Colin!!

On the norm chasing hunt, things are looking very interesting.  Our up and coming players are all currently in the hunt.  Please let this be the year one of them does it.  They have come so close so many times, they deserve it.

It had to happen and today it did.  One minutes I am working away, the next my system totally froze as it was transmitting games!  I am so glad I can pull the games back from the boards, that was a close one!

Tomorrow is round 5 and things start to get spicy with everyone jockeying for position.  Expect some fireworks on the board! 

No comments:

Post a Comment