Monday 18 July 2011

Scottish Championship - It's all over for this year

"It's all over and I'm standing pretty in this dust that was a city"

Believe it or not, there are 2 boards in there!
24 hours have passed since the incredible ending to this years Scottish Championships.  I think very few people would have imagined that this years event, which was criticized on the noticeboard, would be one of the best events we have broadcast in Scotland.

Personally I think this format works.  I can see where people are coming from with respect to holidays, I also have to take a week of work as would any other Arbiter who helps out who has not retired.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I love arbiting and doing all the other bits I do at the Scottish.  This is my third Scottish as an Arbiter and it is the highlight of the season for me. 

Highlight for me has been the way Clement, Anthony, Andrew and Jonathan Scott have played, they really took the tournament to Keti and Craig.  Also the reaction of the staff to how the players were in the centre.  I was given fantastic feedback on us and they staff would love to have us back

The lowlight was missing round 2!

Everything is now done, grading sent off.  Final games are uploaded.  It is really over for another year.  Hope to see you all next year at the 119th Scottish Championships!!

No comments:

Post a Comment