Tuesday 12 July 2011

Scottish Championships Day 4 - The youngsters come of age

WOW what an incredible day of chess we had yesterday.  First Andrew Green holds the very inform IM Craig Pritchett to a draw, then to cap it all off.  Clement Sreeves beats GM Keti Arakhamia-Grant after 6 hours of play, in one of the most exciting endgames we have seen for a long long time.


Final score, Old guard 0.5- Young pretenders 1.5.


Who says that Scottish Chess is dying on its feet??

I really wanted to update yesterdays blog with the results but unfortunately I spent the evening trying to fix the problem with the PGN downloads after being informed that "(this) Makes this Championship - our premier tournament - a little shoddy looking from afar if anyone is trying to follow the games."  Anyone who has been here has seen the effort Alex, Donald, Dick, Dave and myself put into the tournament, I think it is fair to say I was less than pleased...

Onto more pleasant things.  Today I'd like to introduce to you all, the cast of the Seniors tournament

 

8 players battling it out for for the Scottish Senior championship.  There are so many jokes I could use here but fearful for my life if I do, I think I'll just gracefully withdraw...

Not much else to tell you, the sun is shining, which makes me suspicious as it always rains in Edinburgh.  I'll update later on if anything of note happens. 

I guess I guess I was tempting fate.  Why is it that we have gone for years and years without these clocks resetting on us and since a certain Alex McFarlane and Vladimir Kramnik met, we have an epidemic.  Board 4 today.  BLEEEEEEEEEEP.   and clock resets.  Deep joy.  I suppose the good news is we know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment