Monday 11 July 2011

Scottish Championships Day 3

Where is day 2???

Alas I was not there.  Woke up in the morning with a very sick wife and a trip to the local hospital put paid to my day.  The good news is she is ok, the bad news is I am back!!!

After 2 days of mental jousting we have the old guard v the new guard on boards 1 and 2.  Mr Green and Sreeves get to pit their wits against a GM and an IM.  Has to be the games of the tournament so far (watch this, 2, 19 move draws played now...)

The venue here is superb.  Granted it does not have the pomp and ceremony of the City Chambers, but it is a decent venue.  To all of those who chose to stay away, "I blow my nostrils in your general direction...."

Today we faced an interesting technical challenge.  How do you transmit games to the internet when you don't have an internet connection.  I'll take answers on a postcard for that one!

Top 2 boards






Whilst on the subject of technical issues,  we had another Kramikesque incident with a clock resetting.  After his exploits abroad, Alex knew exactly what to do...

Alex looking for Kramnik to admonish
The day has been a strange one.  There is this weird yellow thing in the sky which is very bright.  It is causing consternation in here as everyone has been turning up in wet suits due to the flooding here.  I'll spare you the photo of me in a wet suit (especially if you have not eaten yet!)

Mike Mitchell contemplating
Brilliant tournament so far.  Good natured players whom make being an arbiter come technical wizz so much easier.  Look forward to sharing tomorrow with you (unless of course something interesting happens tonight).

Just as I wrote this I looked up and to my horror, all 10 boards were offline.  Looks like the power box was knocked.  Good news it it took Dave and me all of 2 minutes to solve but that was a close one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment