Thursday 14 July 2011

Scottish Championships Day 6 - This is a Scottish Summer???

I lied yesterday, it was not hot.  It was Arctic conditions compared with today.  Now I am not saying it is hot today but I have just discovered my laptop has a fan.  Sitting outside the window is a seagull with sunglasses on!  At first I thought it was a big robin but I realised the red chest was sunburn...

Round 6 is upon us, for the U1500 and the Senior, this is really the make or break round.

In the Championship itself, this was the Scene at the start of play on board 1

And 5 minutes later?


 And 5 minutes after that


WHAT HAPPENED????????

Oh Dear.  I asked one of the other players for a comment.  His expression says it all for me


Short draws, the plague of chess.  Only chess would allow such a stupid rule.  Could you imagine Ally McCoist turning round to Neil Lennon after 5 mins and saying "Hey big man, I cannie be bothered, lets call this a draw an go fer a swally....".  There would be a riot!

Last two days I have introduced the Seniors and the U1500's today it is the cast of the hundreds as I introduce everyone here :D














I'm off to learn Bulgarian so we can introduce the Sofia Rules next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment